Grace2Grow on Twitter – Marks of Maturity?
- Being right/understood is not most important thing in argument w/ur spouse.Pray in the heat 4how 2show love &it will DISARM ur self-defense.
- At the height of r successes, we think we r the exception & thus immune from various temptations. If left unchecked this ENSURES we’ll fall.
- I think our feelings of insecurity are, more often than not, evidences of idolatry: I desire -> I need -> I hv a right to -> U/they owe me!
- It isn’t “inauthentic” to NOT vocalize every thought/emotion that goes through my soul! It is WISDOM to hold some of these things close!
- life is hard, relationships r hard, church is hard! we WILL fail 1another ..we must practice humility&grace. we must repent&forgive quickly.
- heard yrs ago: God doesnt gv us marriage (mainly) 2make us HAPPY; he gvs us marriage 2make us HOLY. [ok tho 4ppl of God holy IS happy, no?]
- The ppl of God NEED the Word of God .. The more time we spend OUT of his Word, the more anxious &discontent &subject 2temptation we become.
- “Whatever we idolize, we eventually demonize” .. parents? traditions? pet doctrines? fav pastors/authors? political movements? ourselves?
- Oy, I wont make changes if I dont get MAD enuf @ the things that stay the same. Hv fallen out of practice in self-discipline. Time 2wake up!
- Do u tend 2say
#Imsorry a LOT? out of fear &desire 2control other ppl’s perceptions? This is not the same as #repentance &fuels selfishness.
- I am far 2often SHOCKED at my own selfishness. Greatest evidence? Quick trigger 2get angry: Something has changed my plan w/o my permission!
- heard today: “At times of comfort, there is no growth. At times of growth, there is rarely comfort.”
- A mark of maturity: yielding ur desire 4the approval of other ppl in order 2b humbly led by God, moving from fear 2faith.
- A mark of maturity: u move beyond devotion 2a favrite pastor/tradition 2discover (recognze) Truth flowing in many streams.
- Jesus himself has told u that ur GOING 2THE OTHER SIDE; That doesnt mean u won’t b hit by hard storms en route but HE WILL b w/u 2deliver u.