Christian Dating Over 30
Christian dating over 30:
1) be marriage minded,
2) but don’t expect a proposal on your first date!,
3) be prayerful,
4) be “protective” of one another in the process,
5) be quick to end things if you know this is not what the Lord has for you – dragging things on interminably is damaging to the other person (indecision IS a decision),
6) seek the godly input of others who know you well! and who know the other person well if possible!,
7) find ways to “do” things together that put you in multiple social settings so you can “get to know” things about each other besides just what you believe about this and that (visit each other’s churches, visit each other’s “hometowns” and family/friends),
8) and on that note, be intentional about asking questions,
9) this assumes you’ve thought through what you’re looking for and also
10) that you “examine” yourself, in the mirror of Scripture, and have a good working knowledge of your own strengths and weaknesses, so you can
11) discern if you compliment one another.
12) yes, “feelings” and “attraction” are important, but realize that these will look MUCH different than when you were in college (as they do and WILL change over time!) – your desires, goals, and timeline will (God willing!) have MATURED, and this should CHANGE the way you date!
13) being “equally yoked” is about MUCH more than just both claiming to be Christians! Consider also CALLING on your lives – do your “missions” line up – to what degree does “doctrinal like-mindedness” weigh into your decision?, consider your respective “intelligences”….
14) be quick to REPENT and be quick to FORGIVE. 🙂
Key word: INTENTIONALITY
just some thoughts. 🙂
PS – you might also want to consider NOT letting Facebook know about your “relationship status” unless you’re at least “engaged”….