…Forgetting What Lies Behind….
I was on another “tweeting” spree, today ~ inspired post a conversation with a struggling friend, last night. God graciously gave me the opportunity to be on the GIVING end of his grace in our talk, a reminder to me, but also a “lifting up” for my friend.
These were the fruit of much heartache; but today, our Father’s mercies are NEW, and I even had opportunity to see some of THAT in action, too. 🙂
- Rehearsing all the past bads that have led u 2this place only escalates ur emotions &crushes ur ability 2persevere thru today’s hardships.
- When confrontd w/crushing memories of past bad decisions, wrestle 2submit 2God’s sovereign grace; he’s only putting THIS decision b4 u 2day.
- Don’t allow ur spiritual enemy 2deceive u into thinking ur worse off now in this hardship than b4 Jesus delivered u. We always only hv 2day.
- …and our Father’s MERCIES are new EVERY morning. If u cannot muster any other declaration, AT LEAST remind yourself of this truth!
- It’s in the moments when u CAN’T see the finish line that u must make the MOST effort 2remind urself why ur running; &leave the past behind.
- If u could see the end from the beginning, u’d be God. This is what it means 2live by faith; continuing 2run when all u have is His PROMISE.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.