Emotions, Intuition, Intentionality, and Hearing from the Lord!
A series of recent “tweets” ~ I guess I was kinda on a roll, yesterday! 😉
- I react w/a pretty immediate emotional respons 2most things – &can mistake this for havng drawn a correct conclusion. Must learn 2slow down!
- My emotions hv a mind of their own; they present so immediatly 2my senses that they masquerade as reason. Must learn 2pray thru 4revelation.
- I process on “intuitive” level, but I’m actually granting permission for emotion 2toss me about like wind&waves. Must intentionally examine.
- “Intuition” is real, but unhelpful if cannot be substantiatd w/evidence &word of God. So it’s not good enuf 2leave conclusions in that form.
- In interest of expedience, I tend 2rush thru steps – at work, relationally, in walk w/God. If I could learn patience, all else would remedy.
- There’s such a thing as humbling ourselves selfishly; when confession is more 4relief of our feeling distress than as service 2other person.
- Apologizng 2get a desird end isn’t repentance, it’s manipulation. R u content 2leave it b4 the Lord evn if u nvr rec’v ur desired everafter?
- If u feel offended, step back. Espec. if person engaging u has no history of ill-intent. Examine, as perhaps u have wrongful expectations.
- If u feel hurt, step back. Ur more likely 2hurt-back if u don’t 1st pause &consider other person. Gv room 2b loving even from frustration.
- We think we know our motives but we’re easily self-deceivd. Humility includes hearing from Lord re past strongholds that aren’t really safe!
- There is wisdom in multitude of counselors & ppl mean well, but you will always get conflicting advice. Better 2b LED by Spirit&Word of God!
- Even ur best plans will fly out the window when confronted w/unexpected events. Be prepared 2b humbled! & 2fall on the grace of God 4refuge.
- All reason fails me when adrenalin surges & my heart engages. I need 2b better prepared! Always “prayed up” so I am “clear 2hear” from God!
- Looking intentionally 2always “consider others better than myself” ~ I am a bit dismayed at how difficult I find this task! Father, help! 🙂